Data Scientist (Cricket)
Pythia Sports are looking for a creative thinking and experienced person to join their established in-house modelling team as a Data Scientist in cricket modelling and simulation. The purpose of the role is to develop, and conduct statistical analysis of, human-interpretable predictive models for a cricket prediction pipeline.
The successful Data Scientist will be an innovative, self-driven person with high levels of integrity. They will be working closely with local and remote teams and therefore need to be highly communicative, but also work well independently. They must be well organised and have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
For this role, the following attributes and experience would also be a big plus:
- A keen interest in cricket, especially limited overs cricket
- Previous experience working with cricket data
- Experience working with event-based Monte Carlo simulations
Currently working fully from home.
- Additional pay: Bonus scheme
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Education: Master’s (preferred)
- Work authorisation: United Kingdom (preferred)
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible schedule
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Work from home