Pythia Sports is a fast-growing technology company, delivering innovative solutions to the gaming industry since 2014.
Our business is all about predictive sports modelling, underpinned by extensive use of a wide and ever-expanding array of real-time feeds and inputs. If that sounds both complex and hard, it is, but it’s also a huge amount of fun!
We strive to be the best at what we do every day, and we know that our success comes from our most important resource – our people. We pride ourselves on hiring talented individuals who challenge the status quo and help us to build exceptional, high-performing teams.
Based in London Victoria, we’re working to a hybrid work-from-home/office model but would consider sizable remote working for the right candidate – that is attendance in the London HQ when necessary.
At Pythia, you will find a relaxed atmosphere, regular social events and remarkable colleagues looking to push technology boundaries – come and join us!
As a Quant Developer, you will be joining a small, but growing team, dedicated to ensuring our platform delivers the optimal experience to our partners.
With particular emphasis on scalability, performance, deployability and integration, you will implement complex algorithms and work hand-in-glove with other technologists, as well as our product and operational teams to ensure we design, deliver, and run our platform to the highest possible standards. Your experience and understanding of production-ready Quant code will be of real benefit as we bring our products and our teams to maturity.
Sharing our passion for delivering fantastic solutions, you will leave no stone unturned to help drive Pythia’s success and to be part of getting us to the next level!
3 Best Things About the Job
- You’ll be helping to solve problems almost no one else knows how to solve
- You’ll be working with complex real-time data from multiple sources
- You’ll be working on something that cannot fail, but must be designed with failure in mind
Measures of Success
In the first three months, you will have:
- Fully understood the existing architecture, quant modules and pipelines
- Explored and familiarised yourself with our existing models, recreating the analysis on your local machine with actual data
- Materially contributed to at least one major new feature, model or integration
- 28 days + Bank Holidays leave
- Purchase up to 5 extra days of holiday/year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible schedule
- Private medical insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Generous paternity and maternity leave
- Referral programme
- Company sick pay
- Work from home/office