Data Science Intern
Pythia Sports are looking for some creative thinking and experienced final year students to join their established in-house modelling team as Data Science Interns next summer.
The purpose of the role is to develop and conduct statistical analysis of predictive models for sports prediction pipelines.
The successful candidates will be innovative and self-driven, with high levels of integrity. They will be working closely with local and remote teams and therefore need to be highly communicative, but also work well independently. They must be well organised and have the ability to handle projects with many moving parts.
Applicants are required to be in their final year of study. The role will be based in our office in Victoria, London, and people will be expected to be in the office at least 3 days a week.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, roughly June-Aug, exact dates TBD
Education: Graduating this year with a good numerate degree
Work authorisation: United Kingdom (preferred)
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Work from home twice a week
- Have a deep understanding of the data, its limitations and meaning, including the investigation of data validity
- Build and analyse data-driven predictive models
- Research and apply novel modelling techniques
- Select or build model validation metrics to evaluate model performance
- Have awareness of the limitations of any model output
- Have an understanding of statistical robustness and validity
Key Skills / Qualifications
- Will be graduating summer 2023 with a good numerate degree or PhD (eg STEM, Econometrics)
- Practical experience with statistics and machine learning.
- Strong programming skills, with a preference for (but not limited to) Matlab or Python
- A track record of using data to solve complex problems
- A knowledge and interest in sport will be helpful